Monday 6 September 2010

What do I need to take?

11 Sept - 17 Sept
After taking the bare minimum of what I thought I would need to take to the Lake District, as well as grabbing a few extras , I quickly realised that my 50litre back pack was not going to be large enough.

With 3 wet days on the trot and the luxury of a bunkhouse to dry myself as well as my clothes, having dry clothes to change into before pitching camp on the Pennine Way, including a spare dry coat is going to take priority over other essentials such as food!!!


19 Sept
Did try to get everything in the 50litre sack but bag full with only 35lbs packed and lots of things not included decided 65litre + 15 pack was needed.

Now I have everything packed in the 65litre pack it weighs 46lb inc. 3litres of water but does not include tent or sleeping mat.

Me thinks I am going to have to repack but this will have to wait for another day.


21 Sept
Everything packed including top pouch kept empty for days food and stuff needed for easy access everything below is packed.  I wonder what it weighs?????

49lb including 3 litres of water.

Slightly more than I wanted but cut water down to 2 litres of water when know I am staying on a campsite at the end of the day + consumption of food should get me closer to the 40lbs + water I have trained to carry.


22 Sept
OMG.
Just done final pack and my bag is full after transferring everything to a 65litre + 10 backpack.
Weight is now 65lb. Trained for 45lb so will just have to see how it goes.

Wearing
Dry fit T-shirt (lycra) * 1
Fleece
Berghaus coat
Trousers
Walking Socks * 2
Boots
Gaitors
Cap

Belt Pouch
Wallet
GPS phone
Basic mobile
Camera
Glasses
Snacks:- Mini Mars, Elevenses, Glucose
Dry biscuits
Tuna paste

Back Pack
Camping Stuff

Two man lightweight tent
Sleeping Bag
Sleep Mat
Micro-burner & gas

Clothes
Waterproof trousers
Winter Fleece
Light weight water/windproof/Rohan coat
Base layer top (med & winter)
Base layer bottom (med & winter)
Base layer mid weight
Trousers
Dry fit T-shirts (lycra) * 1
Dry fit long sleeve shirt  (lycra) * 1
Compression shorts (pants) * 3
Walking socks * 3

Food
Mess tins & mug
Boil-in-bag meal * 1 (Main & Dessert)
Freeze dried meals * 3 (Main & Dessert)
Tin tuna * 1
Tuna paste * 2
Dry biscuits
Fruit biscuits
Elevenses * 4
Mustard & sauces
Porridge
Hard boiled eggs
Apples

Misc items
Soap, Shampoo sachets *2 and toothpaste/brush
First Aid Kit
Waterproof matches
Matches
Camera & phone charger
I-charger for phones & 4 * AA Batteries
Head light & 6 * AAA Batteries
Red light
Whistle
Multi-tool
Spare Compass
Spare light
Wash liquid - clothes & dish
Vaseline
Toilet Roll
Tent repair Kit
Dubbin

No comments:

Post a Comment